Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby's First Baby Gift

WHEW! It has been a crazy couple of weeks so I haven't had much time to blog (unfortunately!). I'm still working on that whole idea of making the effort to blog everyday but I hate to blog if I don't have any pictures of my work to show you! I know, I know, Its something I'm working on ;)

Anywho, today I'm going to be showing you what I've recently worked on for a couple of my friends who are expecting. Here it is:




I, in no way, intend for this to take the place of a baby book but I think it would be nice to have "in addition to" a baby book. This is just a little file folder type box with a card to record each of baby's firsts and a spot for the date as well as spaces for them to record anything that the parent would like to remember about that particular first. Mom and Dad could also store some things inside of this folder such as hospital bracelets, hand and foot prints from the hospital, pictures, etc. 

Best of all, this is cute enough that it could be stored on a shelf in baby's room so that it can be pulled out easily at any point to reflect upon their baby's firsts. 

I gave one to each of my expecting friends along with a gift from each of their registries and they absolutely loved it. You could also just give this gift alone with a card or send it in a gift basket along with some other things! 

I always try to include something handmade in any gift I give as it seems to be a little more special for the person receiving it. Whether it be a simple handmade card or a gift that is totally handmade, I challenge you to include a special handmade item in any gift you give...It truly is the thought that counts!

Love,
   ScrapGoddess





No comments:

Post a Comment